Our mission is for Westside Elementary to be a safe, supportive, and collaborative school where we inspire children to be learners and leaders.
We envision a school community in which students, teachers, staff and parents:
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively to accomplish our mission.
- Commit to clear, measurable, and rigorous academic learning targets.
- Support each other with respect and kindness.
- Embrace and respect diversity in all capacities.
- Identify clear and measurable learning targets and help students and parents understand how those learning targets will be taught and measured.
- Use varied and balanced assessments to guide our instruction.
- Provide additional and timely instructions until students become proficient. We will extend learning for students who are proficient.
- Teach students our schoolwide expectations and acknowledge students for learning and playing cooperatively.
- Foster individual student responsibility by teaching problem solving skills and by providing opportunities for students to make responsible choices and develop leadership skills.
- Help students set individual learning goals, monitor their progress, and celebrate their achievements.
- Model lifelong learning through reflection, adaptation, and professional growth.
- Communicate frequently with parents so, together, we can ensure all students meet or exceed our learning targets.