"Reading is my SUPERPOWER"
General Library Information
The school library program serves to instill a love of reading, inspire life-long learning, and foster independent library use. Students visit once a week with their class to check out materials and to practice information literacy skills and digital citizenship.
*The Library is closed on Mondays. It will be open 9:00 to 3:00 Tuesday –Thursday, and from 9:00 to 1:00 on Fridays.
*All Students may check out two books.
*Books may be checked out for 1 week. Books may be renewed up to three times. After the 3rd renewal, the book must be shown to the librarian to be renewed for longer.
*There are no late fines, but you cannot check out more books until the previous ones are returned.
*Students will be responsible to pay for lost or damaged books. No checkouts will be permitted until this is taken care of.
Follow the link on the right and click on Edgemont Elementary
Students can log in with their username and password to see what books they have checked out, and to place a hold on a book.
Renaissance Place Home Connect for Parents
Home Connect is a way parents can login with their child’s user name and password and see their child’s progress in Accelerated Reader.
- Follow the link on the right
- Enter your child’s user name and password.
- You will see your child’s current AR data.
- The results of the last quiz taken are displayed.
- You can view information on Reading Practice Quizzes or switch to Vocabulary Practice Quizzes.
- Click View My Bookshelf to see other quizzes taken.
To set up Home Connect so that you receive e-mails about your child’s AR quizzes:
- Click on E-mail Setup in the top right area.
- Enter your name and your e-mail address, then click Add.
- You will be sent an e-mail invitation that you must accept before you receive e-mail reports.
- You can add more than one e-mail address to your child’s list of “receivers.”
Online Learning Resources
Libraries Linking Idaho (has resources for K-8, plus much more! Find links to the right)
Khan Academy (Practice math skills)
Think Central (Use your student log-in and password to access Math in Focus activities)
Think Through Math (If your teacher has created you an account, you can log in to practice math skills and play some fun math games)
Math Playground (Fun math games!)
Arcademics (Fun games to play with a group to practice math, language, and more!)
Idaho Falls Public Library (Read and listen to books online, download books and audio books to your phone or tablet, and more!)
Typing (Learn to type correctly with fun, research-based typing activities.)
Book Adventure (Take book quizzes, win prizes, play games, and more!)
Prepdog Prepdog (Free practice tests for grades K-8 to help you use and sharpen your test-taking)