Title 1A is a Federal program intended to help ensure that all children have the opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach proficiency on challenging state academic standards and assessments. Title I-A targets resources to districts and schools where the needs are greatest. Title I-A provides flexible funding for additional instructional time for students who are most at risk for not meeting state academic standards. This funding may also be used to provide professional development, extended-time programs, and other strategies for raising student achievement in high-poverty schools. Dora Erickson Elementary is a school that receives Title I-A funds. Federal law requires that each school district receiving Title I funds notify parents of students attending any school receiving these funds the information regarding the professional qualifications of their child’s classroom teacher(s) may be requested.
As a parent of a student attending a school receiving federal program funds, you have the right to know:
- Is my child’s teacher licensed to teach the grades and subject(s) assigned?
- Is my child’s teacher teaching with a provisional license, meaning the state has waived requirements for my child’s teacher?
- What is the college major of my child’s teacher?
- What degree or degrees does my child’s teacher hold?
- If there are instructional aides working with my child, what are their qualifications?
- If my child is or will be taught for 4 or more consecutive weeks this year by a teacher who is not highly qualified, will I be notified in a timely manner?
To request the state qualifications for your child’s teacher or instructional aide, please contact Carrie Smith, Human Resources at (208) 525-7500.
If you would like more information about this school, please feel free to contact the school directly.